Gov. Jim Justice announced that the West Virginia Legislature passed six bills he presented during a special session that concluded late Tuesday. Lawmakers passed legislation presented by the Governor that:
- Strengthens enforcement of the West Virginia Jobs Act by requiring employers to hire at least 75% of its employees from West Virginia and enhances civil penalties.
- Shortens the time period for hiring personnel for the Division of Highways and Tax Division.
- Permits the sharing of information between the Division of Highways and Tax Division to ensure compliance with all state laws.
- Exempts military retirement income from personal income tax.
- Increases tax credits for rehabilitation of certified historic structures.
- Approved technical corrections to State Court of Claims payments.